Kirkland Choral Society is seeking experienced singers in all voice ranges.
Join a great group of people and terrific maestro in presenting great choral works at a high performance level.
At the audition:
Simple sight-singing, rhythm exercise, range check. No prepared piece required.
During the year:
• 90% attendance at weekly Wednesday evening rehearsals (7:15-9:45 at Lake Washington United Methodist Church in Kirkland)
• Committed participation in all concerts scheduled throughout the season
• Some at-home practice to woodshed notes and come prepared to rehearsals (mp3 and MIDI practice aids are provided)
• Quarterly donations to help sustain the choir
MAKE AN AUDITION APPOINTMENT!
Auditions are ongoing throughout the season.
Please email email@example.com for more information
KCS rehearses here:Lake Washington United Methodist Church 7525 132nd Avenue Northeast Kirkland, WA
MORE ABOUT KCS
Kirkland Choral Society is the Eastside’s largest choral group. Begun with only eight voices in 1988, we’ve grown to nearly 100 talented members from all over the Puget Sound region.
Under music director Glenn Gregg, KCS presents a wide-ranging repertoire of classical and modern choral masterworks, providing opportunities for both singers and audiences to experience choral music at its finest. Some of our programs in recent years have included:
• Carmina Burana, performed for an audience of more than 2,500 in Seattle’s Benaroya Hall (in collaboration with select other local groups)
• Bach Mass in B Minor
• Verdi Requiem
• Choral masterpieces from Dave Brubeck, Brahms, Beethoven, Mozart, Faure, Rutter, Poulenc, Berlioz, Haydn, Bach, Vivaldi, Liszt, and Bernstein
KCS is committed to creating a quality experience not only for our audiences but also for our singers, providing opportunities to socialize and enjoy the process of creating music together.